Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wassup?

Regular visitors may wonder why my posts have been few and far between. Well, I started a new job in December, and I've been fairly focused on that. Some of my previous jobs had less demands on me and allowed the luxury of writing during quiet times. More significantly, I've had some health issues that I'm addressing. Previously I would stay up to post regularly, to the detriment of my sleep. This has had deleterious effects that I'm now paying for. I'm still not getting enough sleep, but I've improved.

For what it's worth, I've started commuting to work by bicycle, a half-hour or so ride. The lack of exercise has also been an issue, and this is a way of forcing myself to exercise an hour a day. I started with once a week and am now up to four days a week (my theoretical maximum). I've got a long way to go to get my health and fitness to where I want to be - and a bit of weight-loss would be nice, too - but it's a good start.

So, there's a number of posts I've been late with, like my regular Week in Review (I still haven't posted for last week). I'm also way overdue with a post for the Festival of German Films. I started writing a preview long before the festival started, and it's nearly over without me posting. I'll get around to that this long weekend, I expect.

I did see a magnificent new release today, Transylvania, and I'll post on that shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're still around Paul! Sometimes life gets in the way but worry not, we keep an eye out for new updates whenever you have a minute! Just happy to hear things are going well!